Welcome to your weekly gun rights newsletter!
The 2018 legislative session is underway. It is an honor to be in Olympia for my first session representing the communities of the 39th District.
I just want to start off by thanking you for being involved in our Washington State government. By following bills that are being proposed and voted on, you are able to stay up to date with what is going on in your Legislature and hold your representatives accountable.
Below is a list of House bills introduced the first two days of session. Bills are continually being introduced, or as we like to say “dropped,” here in Olympia. My goal is to keep you updated throughout the session. If you are interested in coming to Olympia to testify on any bills, please let me know.
I am currently carefully examining all of these introduced bills.
HB 2306: This bill allows veterans to carry concealed pistols on community college campuses.
HB 2422: This bill prohibits an individual from manufacturing, possessing, distributing, importing, transferring, selling, or purchasing, a large capacity magazine.
HB 2329: This bill exempts various concealed weapons from public inspection and copying under the public records act.
HB 2293: This bill restricts firearms and various other dangerous weapons in early learning facilities.
I have outlined instructions for how to follow bills below. This is a helpful tool because it will allow you to efficiently search and track bills throughout the legislative process.
- Go to the http://leg.wa.gov/.
- On the left-hand panel, click “Bill Information.”
- If you know the bill number enter that number in the search field and it will take you to the bills page.
- If you do not know the bill number, under the “Standards Reports” you will find alternative ways to track bills.
- Towards the bottom of this panel you will see a tab that says, “House Floor Calendar”. This is a helpful tool because it allows you see when a bill will be heard on the floor. Within this panel you will see the “House Introductions (latest) All Intros” tab, by clicking this tab you will find a daily updated list of all the bills being introduced that day.
- I hope this helps you in your efforts to follow the legislative process. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call or send me an email detailing your concerns and questions.
If you know someone who might be interested in seeing this newsletter, please feel free to forward it on.